[Asterisk-Users] iax2 trunking issues

Paul Hewlett paul at cottonpickinminds.co.za
Mon Aug 1 02:39:26 MST 2005

Hi all

  I am using * to trunk calls to a number of customers. This is proving
unreliable - I set qualify=yes on all the trunks:

[customer]
type=friend
host=customer.dyndns.org
username=hewlett
secret=*******
context=int_calls
trunk=yes
nat=yes
qualify=yes

 All Internet links are ADSL. I am running 1.0.9.

 I get a no. of symptoms:

    - every now and again i get a message that 'customer is now UNREACHABLE'
followed (about a minute later) with 'customer is now REACHABLE'.

    - one customer has a fixed IP address. If I get the 'UNREACHABLE' message
the iax trunk never recovers. Restarting asterisk at his site recovers the
link. He is running V1.0.8.

    - at another customer, (V1.0.6) I get regular hiccups in the ADSL link -
even an ssh session to this customer never recovers when this happens.
However the ADSL link does eventually recover but * never recovers the IAX
trunk. I have to restart every time.

Is there any way of forcing * to restart the link without having to restart
asterisk?

Regards Paul
--
Paul Hewlett - CottonPickinMinds - www.cottonpickinminds.co.za
Tel: +27 21 852 8812      Cel: +27 84 420 9282      Fax: +27 86 672 0563