[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hardware Architecture Group

Nir Simionovich nirs at dimitel.com
Sat Apr 30 03:33:35 MST 2005

Sounds like a wonderful idea!

I can tell you from personal experience that the performance of Asterisk and
its stability are in a one-to-one relation to the hardware that you're
using. We've been using mostly Intel boards for Asterisk, mainly the
ClearWater (XEON) and TorryPine (P4) boards for Asterisk, and they always
proved the most reliable.

We are now working on finalizing our Asterisk based appliance box, which is
based on a TYAN board, and I have to admit that it exhibits the same
behaviour as the TorryPine, with some advantages in terms of user experience
for configuration of IRQ's and MB resources.

I have resources for forming such a group, shall we all proceed ?

Nir S