[Asterisk-Users] Caller-ID Block

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Fri Apr 29 18:10:39 MST 2005

Daniel Salama wrote:
> Question: how can I block someone from calling us?
>
> Sometimes we get crank calls into our office. We'd like to build a list
> of callers to be blocked. When they call, they should hear busy and then
> we hang up. We have about 100 DIDs routed to different contexts and I
> wouldn't want to have to manually edit all contexts. Is there a way to
> do something global to create something like a black list of caller IDs
> to block?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

I used bits and pieces that I got from this list and from the wiki and
made this up - I'm using it on aah - but it should be usable with slight
modification on any asterisk install.

If you just want busy you'll have to edit the blacklisted1 macro
currently it plays the SIT sound and then the this number is no longer
in service message

It usually gets me taken off their call lists pretty quickly  :)

http://www.oinko.net/astrecipes/index.php?from=0&q=astrecipes/how+to+blacklist+unwanted+callerid