[Asterisk-Users] More TDM questions....

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Fri Apr 29 13:27:21 MST 2005

Ok,

 So I am trying to still figure out my ringing issues. This time I
grabbed the butt set I own and hooked it into my pots line. With the
butt set in monitor mode, I called the pots line so I could actual hear
the AC ring. It was a low frequency ringing sound like I am accustomed
to.

I then hooked same butt set to the TDM and initiated ringing from a SIP
extension. I heard the data for the caller ID come across then I heard a
much higher pitched ringing sound. Almost like, even though the TDM
setup has been verified at 20 HZ, it is ringing at a much higher
frequency.

Any ideas?? If someone wants, I will try and do a recording of both
sounds so you can hear for yourself..

Robert