[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank of E1s? (one E1 input --> 2 x E1 output)

Neal Walton asterisk at letourneau-ss.com
Fri Apr 29 12:39:39 MST 2005

Many channel banks have two T-1 connectors and support a feature called
'drop and insert'.  This allows some of the DS0 channels to be cross
connected from one T-1 connection to the other.  The first T-1 connection
can go to the telco or an interface card in a computer, and the second T-1
can go to another channel bank.  Some of the channels can be dropped off at
the first channel bank while the rest can continue on to the second channel
bank.  You are asking about E-1 and PBX instead of T-1 and channel bank,
but if I understand the 'drop and insert' correctly, and if your hardware
supports it, this may work for you.

> Il giorno ven, 29-04-2005 alle 17:33 +0200, ht at phonitel.com ha scritto:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Assume I have one E1 digium card to which I want to plug two distinct E1
PABXs ,
>>one with 15 channels and the other with 15 channels;
>>
>>Is there a sort of E1 multiplexer devise that allows me to plug in one
hand the
>>E1 port of the Digium card and on the other hand the two PABXs? In this
same
>>devise, I should be able to say that 15 channels need to go to first
Interface
>>and 15 other channels need to go to other interface.
>>
>>Or is it necessary to acquire a another E1 card although I don't need to
process
>>more channels (30 channels are ok).
>>
>>Any help is greatly appreciated.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: