[Asterisk-Users] T1 Technology and VoIP Gateway Primer

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri Apr 29 11:17:34 MST 2005

Callum,

> Matt, is this similar to the idea that you have for your project ?

Similar, except we are looking to have a single Asterisk server attached
to the Gateway for centralized queuing, reportings, call recoring, etc.
We are a call center, so having everything in a single environment is a
huge advantage for us.

> What Cisco hardware have you looked at so far ?

Same as you, the AS series of voice gateways. I'm not the person looking
specifically at hardware anymore, though. Our entire proposed setup is
going to be posted here for review once it's known.

> How many E1/T1 lines are you going to have terminating on your setup ?

16 to 20 to begin with.  Odds are it will scale up over time, to what
number I'm not sure.

Yours truly,

Matthew Roth
http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Running%20Asterisk%20on%20Debian