[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Manager interface, setting global vars

Johann johann.hoehn at ecommerce.com
Fri Apr 29 10:11:45 MST 2005

There isn't a specific command in the manager API itself to do it.
However there is a CLI command and you can use the manager command
action to get the information.  Below is an example, you will need to
parse the response part to see who is connected.

Action: Command
Command: show manager connected

Response: Follows
  Username         IP Address
  something        127.0.0.1

As far as I know, there isn't a way to modify or look at the global
variables directly.  You could make a kludge that would call to a
special extension that runs NoOp or something that can be seen from an
Event, but thats not going to be fun.

--johann