[Asterisk-Users] Recording in a call center

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:20:42 MST 2005

Wouldn't introducing Samba into the mix be even worse?

I would think it would add more processing power and network use to be
constantly writing over the network as opposed to recording on the
same box.

If it's such a critical system, it should have the power to do that,
but that's not the point... If I had such a critical system, I'm not
so sure that I would be saving files in real-time over the network via
Samba.

My question is, what's the difference between writing to the local
disk and over the network? What will happen if the network link goes
down? I've had bad experiences with Samba and NFS both, as far as
connectivity issue handling is concerned.

--
Dana