[Asterisk-Users] chan_zap graceful failure

Jeb Campbell jebc at c4solutions.net
Fri Apr 29 08:22:43 MST 2005

I was wondering if anyone is working on graceful failure for chan_zap?

Let me explain the situation.  We are using a T100P and TDM400P (4 FXS
for fax).  There was a major power outage and asterisk went down after
the UPS (not a graceful shutdown -- my fault, no apcupsd running).

As soon as power came back, the server started.  However when it loaded
wcfxs, port 3 on the card failed the tests (I assume from the module not
being unloaded before power off).  Because this one port failed the
test, chan_zap failed to load and asterisk will not start.

An unload and load of modules would not fix it.  I had to unload and
restart (a clean restart).

While the unclean shutdown can be controlled in the future, I have had
ports go bad and when they do asterisk will not start until the
offending lines are removed from zapata.conf.  This is not a very
resilient solution (especially if you are not on site).  I would much
prefer for asterisk to keep running with what it has got.

I will be looking into the code (and this might be fixed in cvs-head),
but I would like to start a discussion on this first.

Thanks,

Jeb
--
Jeb Campbell