[Asterisk-Users] Problems with TDM400P card

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Apr 29 07:19:11 MST 2005

Anton Krall wrote:
> Zttool shows nothing inside thebox.
I have had similar problems with a TDM400 and CERTAIN Motherboards which are PCI 2.2 but the TDM400 is not seen, in my case, AT ALL
The one I have reports it as an E/F but the silk-screen clearly says H, Digium contends there is no problem with the card, the reporting of different version numbers is a "known bug" but doesn't
prevent the card from working, and because I can place it in another machine and get it working, they refuse to acknowledge there is any defect in the board.

Perhaps a different motherboard? That is Digium's answer.
Just keep going through hardware that otherwise meets published specs
until you find one that works.

I have to conclude that, due to Digiums refusal to acknowledge there are problems with the design, ( and there are more I won't bore you with ) and no willingness to address the issues that have been raised on this list time and time again, that the TDM400
should be considered a "card of last resort" when absolutely nothing else will work.
Seems their IAXy falls into that same classification.
Can't say about their T1/E1 cards

JMO

John Novack