[Asterisk-Users] Fail over solutions

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 06:34:07 MST 2005

> The disk array would be the only expensive add on, more than a normal
> asterisk system.  It all depends on how important voicemail is in your
> application, although there are cheaper alternatives (NFS for example,
> but then your NFS server becomes a single point of failure, depending on
> the disk array that same issue could be true there as well).

If you are on a budget, I would suggest to look at a drbd+heartbeat
combination. DRBD is a block device which is designed to build high
availability clusters. This is done by mirroring a whole block device
via (a dedicated) network. You could see it as a network raid-1.

Regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina