[Asterisk-Users] missing first digit when dial extension / dtmf problem ???

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Apr 28 22:11:17 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 20:37 -0700, snacktime wrote:
> On 4/28/05, Joseph <syscon at interbaun.com> wrote:
> > I'm using dtmfmode=inband with Sipura=3000 when I dial an internal
> > extension most of the time the first digit is missing and I get an
> > invalid extension message.
> >
> > Could it be dtmf problem or SIP?
>
> This is covered in the sipura SPA-3000 faq.  Can't remember the
> solution but I remember it's there.
>
> Chris

Thank you for the pointer.
Here is what I found on Sipura FAQ webpage:

9:   When I call PSTN from my VoIP account, the first dialed digit always dropped. How to fix?
A: This problem is caused by the SPA sending the digits too quickly right after
   taking the FXO port off-hook. You can set the delay before dialing after
   going off-hook by setting < PSTN Dialing Delay > parameter. Default is 1 second.

So they are partially right it has something to do with the timing of
FXO on PSTN line but I think in my case the timing should be 0sec.

When I sometimes dialed the extension too quickly "11" asterisk received
only "1", so I changed the default value "1sec" to "0sec" on:
PSTN Answer Delay: 0
PSTN Ring Thru Delay: 0

This seemed to help, doesn't matter how fast I dial the digit goes
through now.
I will have to keep an eye on on this problem just to be sure this was
the case.

The number of parameters and combinations settings on this unit is
enormous.

--
#Joseph