[Asterisk-Users] Assigning DID and Extension with similar value

Henry Devito hdevito at mchsi.com
Thu Apr 28 20:27:58 MST 2005

You ar making this a lot harder than it is.  If your incomming trunk is in the same context and there is an extension that matches the DID the did will route to the correct place.  Matter of fact I always try to match DID to extension.  Usually I have the telco only send me the last 4 of the DID number and I make that the persons extension.

or another way would be like this.
[ext-did-in] ; context of did lines

exten => 999,1,Goto(ext-local,227,1)    ;

[ext-local] ; local extensions

exten => 227,hint,SIP/227
exten => 227,1,Dial(SIP/227&SIP/228)