[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hardware Recommendation

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Thu Apr 28 15:42:48 MST 2005

I have never been able to do more than 50 concurrent recordings with Zap ->
SIP phone calls without the audio skipping and/or breaking up. Also, if you
are using Digium TE4XXP and want to do a lot of recording I would recommend
against a SCSI RAID card because of the interrupt conflicts that you will
run into over time. I would recommend a couple of cheaper Asterisk servers
with a dual T1 or Quad T1 board in them and SATA drives, with a nice big
archive server that the audio will be copied to several times a day. Also,
do not record(Monitor) with the 'm' flag on because this will also lead to
more disk read-write while you are already trying to write another 100 or so
streams. Offload the -in and -out files to the archive server and let it
soxmix them together instead. This is the method that we have settled on for
our 12 Asterisk servers and it works rather well for us.

MATT---