[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-841 and firewall

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Thu Apr 28 15:21:55 MST 2005

I have an asterisk server and 4 Sipura phones behind a Linksys WRT54G
router. I have set the DMZ to the Asterisk server's IP so that it can be
seen from outside. I have a Sipura SPA-841 phone outside the router and set
to proxy to the public IP of the router. The outside phone registers fine,
dials fine, and I can hear the person speaking from inside the router, but I
cannot be heard.

Is there any explanation for this? Surely the DMZ allows all traffic to the
PBX?
This is driving me nuts.

Chris Mason