[Asterisk-Users] Number of production asterisk systems

Christopher Jacob chris at jacob-solutions.com
Thu Apr 28 09:09:52 MST 2005

Hey Guys,

I lost a deal to another vendor because he could point to a number of
installations of the product he was selling in our area and nationally, even
though _he_ didn't implement them directly. Very frustrating, but I don't
imagine uncommon as we compete with other more recognizable solutions.

What I am trying to do is track down a rough idea of how many Asterisk
systems are in production right now. Ideally as this information was
gathered it could be sorted by country, state, industry, etc.

Does anyone have any information, or any idea of where to start? Any of the
Digium guys on this list know if Digium attempts to track this sort of
information?

I would be willing to donate time to help compile and correlate the
information if anyone has any idea where to start. In the end, I think it
would benefit the entire community.

I considered posting this to the -biz list but in the end decided that since
I was not look for or offering services, goods, etc. that the -user list was
a better place. I apologize if you disagree. I know this list is bursting at
the seams already.

~chris