[Asterisk-Users] Realtime & voicemail

Edwin Horton edhorton at navcorp.com
Thu Apr 28 07:00:54 MST 2005

Thank you both for the insight.  The original problem was that the voice
mail system returned a "no mailbox found" error since the query was looking
for a mailbox in the "default" context and I had defined them in other
contexts, in my case, "from-sip" and "analog-phones".  It seems I am
confusing extension context with voicemail context.  I included the
following in my extension file:

exten => 2201,1,agi,notify.agi
exten => 2201,2,Dial(Zap/9,20)
exten => 2201,3,Answer
exten => 2201,4,Wait(1)
exten => 2201,5,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => 2201,6,Hangup
exten => 2201,105,Voicemail(b${EXTEN})
exten => 2201,106,Hangup

For the channel definition in the zapata.conf file, I have the following:

context = analog-phones
group = 3
pickupgroup = 3
signalling = fxo_ks
adsi = yes
mailbox = 2201 at analog-phones
callerid = "Phone 1" <2201>
channel => 9

I realize that I did not need to use the EXTEN variable, since I had unique
entries in this case.  I added {EXTEN}@analog-phones ( or could have used
the variable) and all works correctly.  Thank you.  I assumed that the
"context" entry in the voicemail_users table identified the mailbox
location.  In the past, before realtime, and with the mailboxes defined in
voicemail.conf, I did not have to append the context in the extension table.
I don't really care that it is required now, but why did it work before?

Regards,
Ed Horton