[Asterisk-Users] Confused on G723 and G729

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 04:58:48 MST 2005

Ok... so I can safely use a provider who uses G729 or G723 to provide
me with VoIP termination without either A) having a connectivity
issue, or B) having to pay "trans-coding" license costs?

If so... what do I need to do to get asterisk to use G723?  Just set it up?
Am I going to have an issue if my terminator uses G723 as far as
getting to/from phones using G726 or G711u?
Or if someone calls in to check voicemail... will they not be able to
hear anything because of this problem?

What do I need to do to hook up to a G729 provider, and (the same
question)... will a G711 phone work correctly (connected to asterisk).