[Asterisk-Users] problem with skinny

Yusuf Iqbal ysf.iqbal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 02:51:31 MST 2005

I have a couple of Cisco 7910's and I'd like to get them working with
asterisk. I have two X101P wild cards installed and they are
functioning well (Other two cards showing Red Alarm after few minutes
conversation).
I have configured foure cisco 7960 with SIP and they are working fine
with *.I have been trying for a week to make the 7910's to work with *
by
skinny protocol but I am tired to tuning them. I already followed the
instructions found in that list but still unsuccessful. Can anybody
guide me to make them work?

My problem is,

When I plug the phone in, Phone shows:

    	-- Configuring VLAN /
	-- Configuring IP /
	-- Opening <my * server's IP>

and at that moment, * shows:

    -- Starting Skinny session from <IP ADDRESS of MY PHONE>
Device SEP00044D076874 is attempting to register
    -- Device 'test' successfuly registered
Requesting capabilities
Received CapabilitiesRes
RECEIVED UNKNOWN MESSAGE TYPE:  2b
Buttontemplate requested
Sending default template to 800 at test ()
Recieved SoftKey Template Request
Received SoftKeySetReq
Received LineStateReq
Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe
Segmentation fault

And * is automatically stopped. Therefore I have to unpluge the phone
and start the * again.

Here is my * configuration files

"skinny.conf" contains for cisco 7910 IP phone:

[general]
port = 2000
bindaddr = <my * server's IP>
dateFormat = M-D-Y
keepAlive = 120

[test]
device=SEP00044D076874
version=P00405000600
context=default
nat=0
callwaiting=1
transfer=1
threewaycalling=1
line => 800

"extensions.conf" contains for cisco 7910 IP phone:

exten => 800,1,Dial(SKINNY/800 at test|25|rt)

Please help me to solve the problem.
I appreciate both the magnitude of your appreciation and that of your support.