[Asterisk-Users] Dialing out...

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 18:32:33 MST 2005

> I have a local telco line hookup to my FXO port.. receive calls just
> fine…but when I try to dial out, it ring the phone connected to the FXS port
> of the same card….not sure where to start looking to fix the problem, thanks
> in advance for your time…
You have other ports on this cards, at least one FXS if you have a
phone connected to it.

You have to define them in zapata.conf and zapata_additionnal.conf

We would need to know more about the ports you have on your card to
tell you exactly what to write in there.

>     -- Executing Dial("SIP/2222-5a82", "ZAP/g0/3172222") in new stack
>
>     -- Called g0/3172222
>
>     -- Zap/1-1 is ringing
Here * dial the ZAP interface using a group, group 0. Since all your
channels are in the group 0, it takes the first one (Zap/1) which
seems to be an FXS port (from what you said)

Anyway, have a look on the wiki about Zap channels and groups

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+zap+channels
and
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+zapata.conf

hth