[Asterisk-Users] UK (english) sound files (Paul R

Paul Redstone paul.redstone at solica.com
Wed Apr 27 14:54:31 MST 2005

Sorry - still forget to clear the HTML flag - thought I'd better post again.

To add something to a post of a few days ago on this:

We're just putting in an asterisk system and wanted to have our own messages.
We're Asterisk and are not yet live but the following works.
Our PA simply has a list of the extract from extensions.conf as shown below,
calls a number e.g. 8004, then hears a beep, says the message and
then clicks #. It then plays back the message. It took her about 2 hours to do
all the messages. The benefit of your own voice is that company specific
messages sound consistent. We've also changed some of the prompts a little to
Anglicise them - e.g. hash instead of pounds key.

The messages go immediately into the gb sounds folder so are active
immediately.
We've also done the same with digits, letters etc - the scripts put the message
straight into the correct folder.

The macro is intended to be enhanced so as to allow the message to be just
played and also, in the future perhaps to use festival to read what should be
said. The message list is taken from the asterisk wiki page on sounds and we'd
adding in a few company specific ones.

Send an e-mail to soundsrequest at solica.com with subject "Sounds Request for
Paul" and we'll end back the script once we have it done.
The benefit of this is it is easy to add new scripts and to amend one. The
[record-messages] context can be included just for some users and even disabled
most of the time.
[macro-record-message]
;
; ARG1 file name of message, assumed to be in sounds folder, but if below has a
subfolder name prepended
; ARG2 text describing message (NT YET USED)
;
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,2,Record(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/gb/${ARG1}:gsm)
exten => s,3,Wait(1)
exten => s,4,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/gb/${ARG1})
exten => s,5,Wait(1)
exten => s,6,Hangup

[record-messages]
; Special context used to record voicemail messages
exten => 8001,1,Macro(record-message,hours,hours)
exten => 8002,1,Macro(record-message,minutes, minutes)
exten => 8003,1,Macro(record-message,auth-incorrect, Password incorrect. Please
enter your password followed by the hash key)
exten => 8004,1,Macro(record-message,auth-thankyou, Thank you. )
exten => 8005,1,Macro(record-message,invalid, 'I am sorry, that is not a valid
extension. Please try again' )
exten => 8006,1,Macro(record-message,pbx-invalid, 'I am sorry, that's not a
valid extension. Please try again. ')
exten => 8007,1,Macro(record-message,pbx-invalidpark, 'I am sorry, there is no
call parked on that extension. Please try again.')
exten => 8008,1,Macro(record-message,pbx-transfer, Transfer. )
etc
Paul