[Asterisk-Users] Public IP for SIP and NAT

Aaron O'Hara ajeo at hungryforlife.org
Wed Apr 27 11:37:19 MST 2005

All,

After looking at the wiki and some sample sip configs, I'm a bit
confused as to put in the sip.conf for externip and localnet.

My SIP client (xlite) is connected to the Internet and behind a firewall
on LAN1 with no ports forwarded.

My * server is connected to the Internet and is NAT'd on LAN2 with the
appropriate ports forwarded (as per the mailing list archives).

Am I to put the public IP for where my SIP client is or the public IP
for the * server?  What about the localnet?

Thanks,

-- Aaron