[Asterisk-Users] Connection Timeout problem with SIP phones from Gnet

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 11:36:42 MST 2005

>         I have 2 Gnet SIP phones connected on the same switch as the Asterisk
> box. So far, our phones authenticate with *, because when I do "sip show
> users", I see our 2 phones there.
When you say that you see them, does it look something like this :
501/501        172.16.1.201      D          255.255.255.255  5060
Unmonitored

or like this :
501/501        (Unspecified)      D          255.255.255.255  5060
Unmonitored

If it is "(Unspecified)" then the phone are not registering.

>         The problem I have is this, when I try to dial the other extension, in
> this case 502, from 501, after a few seconds, I get a busy signal. If I
> check on the phone's logs, it says connection timeout.
Do you have the output from Asterisk's CLI ?  that would help us help you

>From a quick glance at your config, everything seems fine.

B.T.W. I'm near you as I live in Brossard

hth