[Asterisk-Users] Redirect two channels to each other?

Josiah Bryan jbryan at productiveconcepts.com
Wed Apr 27 10:53:16 MST 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 11:38 am, Alexander Lopez wrote:
> As ny 10 year old step-daugher says "I don't get it.."
>
> Can't you just do a redirect if you specify the channels, * doesn't care
> if they are bridged together or not.  You may end up with zombie
> channels if the other leg does not drop, but you could do a soft hangup
> and take care of that..
>

> Or am I missing something????

I dunno...maybe _im_ missing something..

IIRC (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Redirect),
Manager action 'Redirect' only takes Channel, ExtraChannel, Exten, Context,
and Priority as parameters.

Example (transferring existing 2 party call to a meetme room):

Action: Redirect
Channel: Zap/73-1
ExtraChannel: SIP/199testphone-1f3c
Exten: 8600029
Context: default

The problem is that you cant redirect to an existing _channel_.  I dont know
of any channel 'hack' like there is for Local extensions (e.g. to make an
extension look like a channel, use Local/1234 at context, etc - is there the
inverse of that? Make a channel look like an extension?)

It almost sounds like there needs to me a new manager action:

Action: Bridge
ChannelA: SIP/199testfone-1f3c
ChannelB: Zap/6-1

It sounds like the intrinsic functionality for 'bridging' is already there in
Asterisk (duh!), it just needs to be encapsulated in a manager action.

Any takers? Maybe a bounty is needed...?

-josiah

--
Josiah Bryan
IT Coordinator