[Asterisk-Users] Remote Phones - No Audio In Either Direction

Paul Tyreman paul at tyreman.org.uk
Wed Apr 27 09:35:30 MST 2005

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of Sean Kennedy
[skennedy at tpno-co.org]
Posted At: 26 April 2005 21:25
Conversation: [Asterisk-Users] Remote Phones - No Audio In Either
Direction
Posted To: Asterisk-Users

Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Remote Phones - No Audio In Either
Direction

Paul Tyreman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After months of testing Asterisk, I am finally ready to roll it out,
>replacing my previous VOIP server (brekeke's ondo SIP Server), which
>was very restrictive.
>
>However, I am experiencing some problems with phones which are on a
>different network to the server (connecting via the internet).  I have
>managed to get the phone to register with the Asterisk server, and I
>can make a call and hear it ringing, but once connected no audio can be
>heard in either direction.
>
>I have opened the following ports: 5004, 5060, 5061 and 10000 - 10010
>on my router, but am still having no joy.
>
>When I used ondo, I had to add my WAN IP address to the configuration
>files, so I was wondering if I have to do that in some .conf file in
>Asterisk ?
>
>Hope someone can help ?
>
>Thanks, Paul.
>
>I had this problem on a vpn ( highly recommended, given how easy it is to
>implement openvpn now ).  I changed the IP address in the SIP >file to my
>server ( 192.168.1.1, remember, on a vpn ), everything just worked.
>
>Good luck
>
>Sean

Thanks Sean,

Can I add two lines to bindaddr in sip.conf, so its like this;

bindaddr = 10.x.x.x    ; Local IP address
bindaddr = 81.x.x.x    ; WAN IP address

So that both internal and external phones see the server ?

Paul.