[Re] Re: [Re] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Alternatives to SpanDSP??

Cyril VELTER cyril.velter at metadys.com
Wed Apr 27 07:58:58 MST 2005

	Hi Steve,

> Good work. process_baud is a fairly big routine, and your backtrace
> doesn't give the actual line number at which things fall over. However,
> studying the code I see that I do not protect against the possibility of
> a divide by zero during the initial coarse carrier estimation of any of
> the fast modems.
>
> I just created 0.0.2pre16, which should eliminate this. Can you try it,
> and tell me what happens?

	I just installed it and will keep you informed if a new crash occur, but even
with pre15, crash where not very frequent and usually come in series (~ one
serie of 3/4 crashes every two weeks, so we might have to wait some time...).

	I'm pretty happy with the receiving side of spandsp (I don't use the sending
side yet), processing about 60 incomming fax per days from a lot of differents
sender. The success rate is quite good, but there is ~2 or 3 fax per day which
are truncated or with missing pages. I'm wondering if implementing ECM should
improve this and if you plan to do it someday ?

	Thanks for your work,

	Cyril