[Asterisk-Users] Determinating SIP Phone status

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 27 08:00:06 MST 2005

Elmar Haneke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I determine the status (busy, offline, ringing, duration of
> current call) of an SIP phone?

Remember that the SIP phone is a kingdom of it's own. Right now,
Asterisk does not really now anything about what is happening out there
in the SIP woods. We know about our own interactions with the phone, and
you will see the status of our calls to the phone with SHOW CHANNEL
<lskdfjs>.

If you set limits in sip.conf, you can check what's in use with
SIP SHOW INUSE.

In the future, if someone is willing to sponsor that development, we
could subscribe to the status of the phone or accept PUBLISH
notifications so that we actually know the status of the phone.

/Olle