[Asterisk-Users] SetGroup on dialed calls?

mike castleman mlc at democracynow.org
Wed Apr 27 06:26:50 MST 2005

hi folks,

I looked through the list archives and the wiki, but couldn't find an
answer to this. Apologies if I just missed something obvious.

I want to only have call waiting for certain calls (i.e., those that are
dialed directly to a user rather than going through a queue). It seems
that the way to do this is to call SetGroup() on all incoming calls and
CheckGroup() only on non-call-waiting calls, combined with Local/
channels when needed.

However, I can't figure out how to do the SetGroup() properly on
outgoing calls (i.e., those that the internal user dials). Is there some
obvious way that I'm missing to call some commands before proceeding to
the rest of the dialplan?

Any thoughts -- including alternate ways to achieve the same goals --
would be much appreciated.

(I tried using the incominglimit parameter in sip.conf, but it seems not
to be very flexible.)

Many thanks,
mike

--