[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk doesn't disconnect when I hang up SIP (SIP -> PSTN call)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Wed Apr 27 03:54:44 MST 2005

I'm trying to learn Asterisk.

So far I'm using kphone and an ISDN line (with Eicon DIVA 2.01 PCI card).

I have created that extension following The Asterisk Handbook (page 36):

[ext-local-custom]
exten => _0.,1,Dial(Modem/ttyI0:${EXTEN:1})
exten => _0.,2,Dial(Modem/ttyI1:${EXTEN:1})
exten => _0.,3,Congestion

So whenever I call 055 from kphone, Asterisk connects me to an internal
55 number, and I can talk to myself (wohoo!) when I pick up the phone.

However, when I call 055 from kphone, and *don't* pick up the phone on
the other side, and then disconnect kphone (or even quit it), asterisk
keeps ringing 55.

I'd like to add, that Asterisk detects kphone disconnecting when the
phone is already established.

Any clue?

Tomek