[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel FXO crashing.

Jason Leach jason.leach at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 22:25:03 MST 2005

hi,

I have one of the latest versions of Asterisk CVS' (1.0.7-x) and the
accompanying Zaptel drivers.  The zaptel drivers are for my TDM400P w/
1FXS and 1FSO.  It all runs on CentOS 4.0 and a Dell Precision 410 w/
Dual PIII 700Mhz CPUs.

About every 24-48h the Zaptel FXO port crashes.  If I pick up my phone
and try to make a call on the FXS port I get a hissing and squealing
sound.  Seems to be right where Asterisk makes the bridge.  Also
Asterisk does not answer an inbound call on the FXO port; does not
even display as ringing.

To get the system working again. I must stop asterisk, restart zaptel
and  then restart asterisk.

Is it possible to debug this problem?  So far I get no error messages.
 It would be nice to track this problem down.