[Asterisk-Users] US$100 bounty for two features in voicemail

Josiah Bryan jbryan at productiveconcepts.com
Tue Apr 26 18:49:20 MST 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 8:45 pm, Richard wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is a US$100 bounty for two features in voicemail.
>
> . need it by May 1st.
> . feature 1, one new option to play message from latest to the oldest. Now
> it only supports playing from oldest to latest. I'd like this as an option
> for each mailbox. Therefore some users have latest first while others have
> oldest first.
> . feature 2, simplified folder, only two folders -- new and old. Now it
> supports several folders. Some users are overwhelmed by this. Most
> voicemail system only supports two folders new and old. When they save, it
> goes to old folder. Again, I'd like this as an option for each mailbox.
> . open source and we will release the code to public
> . I'd expect there will be code modification in apps/app_voicemail.c. It
> should be based on the latest cvs stable version.

I didn't lile the logic of the builtin voicemail system so I rewrote the
entire voicemail system in Perl for my company. It's worked well with over 50
users thusfar. It works with the asterisk MWI as well. I can easily modify it
to support these features and have it ready by May1st if Perl is acceptable
for this bounty. Since this is AGI, it will work with the latest cvs stable
version.

**Please CC me directly on a reply to this, since I sometimes miss replies on
the list**

-josiah

--
Josiah Bryan