[Asterisk-Users] Checking for a sound file

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Tue Apr 26 12:43:22 MST 2005

Look at this code....

;
 ; IVR RECORDER
 ;
; Record voice file to /tmp directory
exten => 205,1,Wait(2) ; Call 205 to Record new Sound Files
exten => 205,2,Record(/tmp/asterisk-recording:gsm)
exten => 205,3,Wait(2)
exten => 205,4,Playback(/tmp/asterisk-recording)
exten => 205,5,wait(2)
exten => 205,6,Hangup

Now if I call in on my * and dial 205 I can record a message to the path
described above....

As long as your IVR settings are playing that same file to them, you
should be fine....

I would of course customize the file names and possible the locations...

Cheers,
Wiley