[Asterisk-Users] Good FXO for UK use.

Adrian Chapman adrian at trivas.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 12:26:37 MST 2005

Razza wrote:
> Got a feeling that the same card I bought from goods2world.co.uk, which
> gave me terrible echo problems, due to the impedance mismatch of the US
> telco network (600ohm) versus the BT network.

I think Echo's one of those oddities - We're using Goods2World's clones
in test boxes, and not having any echo issues, despite a right ol' mixed
bag of hardware - some of which ought to have met the bin men years ago.

In the case of one test box, the clone was in a P500/256Mb box, which
was hideously over worked with a Lotus Domino server on it, and STILL
gave no echo, even using X-lite over Client to WiFi to broadband to WiFi
to server.

I'm not sure I'd recommend G2W as a purchase source, though - not
exactly the most timely of shippers, and let's just say that his p&p
prices don't quite reflect the costs he incurs.

--
Adrian Chapman
Director