[Asterisk-Users] Checking for a sound file

Marc mailings at bhosted.nl
Tue Apr 26 11:02:14 MST 2005

Hi,

At this moment I'm configuring my first asterisk pbx, and am running into
the following "problem": I would like to create a phonenumber for my
customers, which they can call to hear if there are any problems with the
servers. In case of a problem, I would like to be able to call that number,
authenticate myself and record a new message. From that moment that message
must be played when customers call. When the problem is solved, I would like
to call the same number again, authenticate, and remove that message, so the
original message is again played to customers that call.

I've read the wiki pages, but I'm not able to create this configuration. Can
somebody please give me some tips how to do this?

Regards,
Marc