[Asterisk-Users] Using Asterisk to dial a number and then wait to dial the extension

Andrew Elchuk aelchuk at cronustech.com
Tue Apr 26 10:12:56 MST 2005

Hi,

I did some searching and haven't found a solution to my problem.  But
right now we are performing a transition from an old system to a new
system using asterisk and only a few people are on the new system and
testing it out.  Anyways, I was wondering if it is possible to dial a
phone number with asterisk, and then after that callee picks up to dial
an extension?

In one forum message I found that you could use 'w' in the dial string
to act as a half second wait.  I tried doing:
exten => 109,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/6525798wwwwww109)
This would dial the other phone system, but would not wait 3 seconds til
the other system answered and then dial the extension.

I also tried using:
exten => 109,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/6525798|D(109))
But this did the same thing as the above.

Is there another way to dial a number then on the same channel send 3
more digits after the other party answers?  Thanks.