[Asterisk-Users] rxfax over IAX ulaw

Darrell Collins darrell.collins at kennensolutions.com
Tue Apr 26 10:50:08 MST 2005

I am having a problem receiving faxes over an IAX connection. If I use
SIP it works fine.
I am running Asterisk 1.0.7. I have an inbound IAX line form VoicePluse
that I have going directly to rxfax

exten => s,1,rxfax(/var/spool/asterisk/fax/testfax.tif).

The modem in my laptop connects to the VoicePluse line and I hear the
modem tones start and about
20 seconds later I get a Fatal error in the Fax Manager the output from
the asterisk console is

-- Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from 66.234.228.170, requested format =
4, actual format = 4
-- Goto (testfax,s,1)
-- Executing RxFAX("IAX2/voicepulse-in-01 at 66.234.228.170:4569/5",
"/var/spool/asterisk/fax/testfax.tif") in new stack

then about a 2 minutes later I get

-- Hungup 'IAX2/voicepulse-in-01 at 66.234.228.170:4569/5'

I have tried this with Asterisk 1.0.3 and get the same results.

I thought it might be a problem with VoicePluse so I connected 2
asterisk servers using an IAX connection and
a SIP adapter connect to my laptop and I get the same result. If I
connect the SIP adapter directly to asterisk and use just SIP
The fax is received fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has been able to get this to work or any
suggestions.

Thanks
Darrell Collins