[Asterisk-Users] Extensions / Contexts

Sebastian Silva ssilva at gaussar.com
Tue Apr 26 11:29:00 MST 2005

Hi everybody,

I am writing here because I can't find the solution to my problem (my
asterisk configuration). I hope somebody can give me a hand with it:

I need to provide a PBX service to several companies (extensions with
softphones and Digium hardware to manage the analog lines), my problem
is that I don't know how to configure the contexts to have, for
instance, the following scenario:

Company A
ext 2000
ext 2001
ext 2002

Company B
ext 2000
ext 2001
ext 2002

Company A must not to see extensions of company B and viceversa.

I know this is possible with extensions, but I don't know how to
distinguish when (for example) a sip phone is connecting to the
extension 2000 from company A or company B.

It is possible to configure my sip.conf (or iax.conf) like this? If it
is, how do I need to configure the softphone? Does Asterisk realizes
which context to use depending on the username? Does asterisk allows two
extension sections with the same number?:

[2000]
username=companyA_2000
context=contextCompanyA

[2000]