[Asterisk-Users] Alternatives to SpanDSP??

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Apr 26 07:45:50 MST 2005

On April 26, 2005 09:47 am, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> I was under the impression that pretty much all of these problems were
> usually traced to the version of libtiff that was in use... Perhaps you
> should try to track it down/solve the problem rather than patch it over?

Nope; it's not a tiff issue; using the clean (source-built) libtiff
recommended by spandsp (3.5.7 I think offhand?) -- it was failing inside of
spandsp with the FPU exception.  I think I posted about it here before, let
me see if I can dig it up.

> Of course, it is sometimes difficult to keep working on solving a
> problem when you don't have the knowledge to find the problem, and a
> client just wants it to work right :)

:-)  Well in this case I'm my own client, but I have 35 people in the same
office who tend to raise holy hell when things like the phones don't
work.  :-)

-A.