[Asterisk-Users] asterisk xlite nat problem

Mostafa mostafa at linux-plus.com
Tue Apr 26 08:05:17 MST 2005

Dear All,

I am new to this mailing list , I have bought some digium cards to play
with , Installed it and configured asterisk . I was able to test
voicemail IVR , I succeeded also to use xlite from a windows machine to
call another phone through a PSTN line. and call the xlite client from a
PSTN line. All these tests was made while " Xlite was in the same LAN as
asterisk ".

The problem evolves when I try to use xlite to connect to asterisk from
the Internet . The xlite client is using dial-up connection.Direct "real
IP". while the asterisk client is behind a NAT router but I am using a
default server setting that forwards any incoming traffic to the
asterisk machine. the problem asterisk can initiate a call to xlite
while xlite times out and fails to connect to asterisk.
given that any other raffic can reach from the xlite machine to the
asterisk machine like ssh tftp ping "TCP, UDP, ICMP"

but the traffic from xlite didn't reach the asterisk machine at all.
even on port 5060.

Any help of guidance is appreciated.

Mostafa Ibrahim
Technical Team Leader