[Asterisk-Users] pridialplan/TON question

Tue Apr 26 04:50:16 MST 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to understand how asterisk handles the TON (using the
pridialplan=... directive).

Setting the TON for outgoing calls using pridialplan and
prilocaldialplan works fine. But how can I query and process the TON for
incoming calls?

e.g. in the follwing scenario:
PBX---> asterisk ----> PSTN

1. The PBX sends SETUP messages with the appropriate TON. I want to
rewrite the called number into a common format to make an ENUM lookup.
Thus, I need to query the TON sent by the PBX and add the correct prefixes.

2. Further, in case of unsuccessful ENUM lookups, I want to forward the
SETUP message to the PSTN, again using the appropriate TON. CVS version
allows the setting of pridialplan=dynamic. But I want to use stable as
this is for a stable machine. Can I implement this with stable asterisk?

thanks,
Klaus