[Asterisk-Users] VOIP Gateways & Asterisk

Callum McGillivray callummc at ains.net.au
Tue Apr 26 00:29:26 MST 2005

Hi all,

I was just wondering if someone could help me with info on VOIP Gateways.

We are planning to do an * install in an apartment building, this
building is going to require somewhere in the vacinity of 20 E1 lines
(each with 30 voice channels).

Short of buying 20 Servers with Digium cards, what are my options in
having the E1 lines terminate on some other hardware and then having the
calls passed through to Asterisk to perform the PBX type functionality ?

I have heard that using some form of VOIP gateway should help, but I
really have no idea how this works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Callum