[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk integration with Alcatel 4400

asterisk at frameweb.it asterisk at frameweb.it
Mon Apr 25 14:32:54 MST 2005

I have just finished to look at the interesting documentation linked from
voip-info.org entitled:

PBX Interoperability: Alcatel 4400 R3.2 PBX with Cisco CallManager with
Analog FXS and FXO interfaces as an
MGCP Gateway

here it is explained how to use FXS and FXO interfaces to do integration.

Using * with TDM400P instead of a Cisco 3640 should be possible without big
problems, but...

...this is applicable in those cases where there are a small mumber of
lines to be routed
between the Alcatel PBX and Asterisk, and this will be the solution we will
try to set up for a pilot project.

If the requirement is to route an entire E1 trunk through *, having in any
case the E1 line coming out of the PBX,
is it possible to use some Digium hw (ie TE410P) to do the job?
In other words, which is the best way to integrate an * PBX into an
existing legacy environment?
I know it depends on the PBX, its features and its ability to be (further)
upgraded both in hw and sw...

A short term goal would be to have a number of branch offices (equipped
with IP phones) connected to a central Asterisk box through an IP WAN (ADSL
or MPLS), and have the asterisk box connected to the central PBX so that
any call directed to the root number of the company can be routed by the
PBX to * and then to the remote IP phones.

Then * could conquer also the typical domain of the legacy PBX, and then
...anyone know what else...

Francesco Pellegrini

|      Frame Srl                 |
|      Via Antonio Cantore 62/10 |