[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk replacing CCM using Catalyst 6608

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Mon Apr 25 13:54:47 MST 2005

Hey,

I'm currently developing asterisk for use on my university's system, and
we're in the process of hooking it up to the main network to allow for
on/off-campus calling.  Does anyone know of a way, through ip, of having
the server communicate directly to a cisco catalyst 6608 blade to make
calls that aren't on the server?  We would go through the CCM, but we're
trying to get rid of the cisco server altogether, and we don't really
want to bother with T1 cards (at least, not at this time).

Aaron Daniel
Senior Voice Analyst
Sam Houston State University