[Asterisk-Users] sm bounty validate length of e164/e212 number for all countries

Mon Apr 25 07:20:01 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 11:15 -0700, Thomas Miller wrote:

> For example, Australia phone numbers can be either 6
> or 7 digits, while USA phone numbers are always 10
> digits.

No, they aren't.... Most 'local' phone numbers are 8 digits, long
distance (ie, including area code) they are 10 digits. That will also
cover mobile phone numbers. Then, you get to deal with 4 digits numbers
(1223/information/etc) and 6 digit numbers 13xxxx (destination routed
based on callers location (by exchange)).

You could also add 000, which is 3 digits, and I am sure there are other
rather unique numbers which don't really fit into any of that... I just
can't recall them off the top of my head...

Anyway, this doesn't help you with your request, but... it isn't as easy
as you might think/home :)

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev