[Asterisk-Users] Playing mp3's while recording voicemail

Rafal Kaniewski lists at movingimagearts.com
Mon Apr 25 00:20:29 MST 2005

Yeah the idea: its like a karaoke conversation between people via
voicemail that’s posted on a website as an audio thread under a creative
commons licence.

Base requirements:
-record: pick up, and reply to recordings.
--listening to music while recording
--having that music mixed with the recording
--background music specified by website
--a web listing of audio threads

So far we have built an * box played around with iax2 trunks, voicemail,
IVRs, vmail.cgi and mysql integration. Out of the box these don’t fit.
Not sure if we need to adapt theses or find other ways of doing it. Need
direction on what we need to do next. Going to play with
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+tips+wiki (audio wiki) and using
monitor / mp3player next? Ideas please?

This is a non-commercial 'arts' project as a registered charity working
with youth music groups. (currently applying for funding as our dev
skills are limited)

Rafal Kaniewski
Rafal#movingimagearts.com
Discussion'