[Asterisk-Users] SIP registration behind Linksys WRT54G - URI?

Tomas Florian tflorian at telus.net
Sat Apr 23 22:56:10 MST 2005

I think I'm getting closer to figuring this out ...

I just tried Linksys PAP2 and it registered just fine.  I looked at the SIP
packets captured by ethereal and I discovered that the real problem will
probably be the uri in the authorization.

For the working Linksys PAP2 and X-Lite I get:
	Authorization: DIGEST ... uri="sip:asterisk.mydomain.com" ...

For the BT100 which doesn't register (403 Forbidden) I get:
	Authorization: DIGEST ... uri="sip:wan-ip-of-the-router" ...

... this kind of makes sense ... that looks like the wrong uri to send.
So for some reason BT100 sends the wrong URI ... how can I fix this??

Again the weird thing is that if I plug in the BT100 behind any other router
then Linksys WRT54G everything works fine.

I'm trying my BT100 with the following config:

- SIP Server: asterisk.mydomain.com
- Outgoing Proxy: asterisk.mydomain.com
- Nat travelsal: no
- Local sip port: 5060