[Asterisk-Users] Best of the best of IP Phones

Gregory Wiktor - ADCom Corp. gw at adcomcorp.com
Sat Apr 23 17:05:18 MST 2005

I just got a cisco 7960, a bit tough to get going at first but it's a
great phone.  Supports OHVA, and the dialplan is very nice in that you
can have autocompletion based on your plan. for example, if I dial 300,
the phone completes, whereas if i dial a 1+ number there is a timeout.

For OHVA, you choose a line to use, and you can have calls autoanswer,
so its not much OHVA but rather like a pbx autoanswer.

It is an expensive phone, but to give you an idea I just replaced my
$500 original pingtel phone with the $300 cisco 7960.

Also, sound quality is excellent.  All I wish it had is an actual hold
button rather than using the screen.

Greg