[Asterisk-Users] Provisioning Lines

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Sat Apr 23 15:12:53 MST 2005

At 02:07 PM 4/23/2005, you wrote:
>Hi,
>    This may be a dumb question but I know how to provision lines but what
> is the use for them. Right now I just have one line provisioned on my
> cisco 7690 and I get all incoming calls on that line and make calls on
> that too. Additional lines may be mean additional extension numbers. But
> then why would a person want to have six different extensions and
> remember them all.
>
>One feature I could think off is
>1.)     To have a second line as auto-answer for paging, etc.
>
>Please don't flame me. Just getting into PBX's and haven't had much
>experience with them.

Same extension but using call waiting...

So when your girlfriend calls while you are talking on the phone, you can
see the incoming call and callerID, and then either ignore it and let it
bounce to vmail or put your wife on hold and take the call from your
girlfriend.

It really depends on your relationships.

Tom