[Asterisk-Users] Provisioning Lines

Manjit Riat manjit at riat.net
Sat Apr 23 12:07:44 MST 2005

Hi,
   This may be a dumb question but I know how to provision lines but what is
the use for them. Right now I just have one line provisioned on my cisco
7690 and I get all incoming calls on that line and make calls on that too.
Additional lines may be mean additional extension numbers. But then why
would a person want to have six different extensions and remember them all.

One feature I could think off is
1.)     To have a second line as auto-answer for paging, etc.

Please don't flame me. Just getting into PBX's and haven't had much
experience with them.