[Asterisk-Users] Hotel billing in IPSwitchBoard

Steve Rawlings steve at rawlings.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 23 08:48:25 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorben Jensen" <thorben at thorben.dk>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 8:11 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Hotel billing in IPSwitchBoard

>I am currently working on implementing Hotel Billing in IPSwitchBoard.
>
> The idea is that a receptionist in a hotel can just right click an
> extension
> button and choose "Account"; IPS will now calculate the call charges made
> from that extension and show all calls and charges on a form.
>
> The receptionist now has the option to close the account which will reset
> the account.
>
> I will add a table for editing call charges, and there will be a
> possibility
> to add a fee for connection charges and also an option to charge calls per
> xx seconds and to add/subtract a percentage to all calls.
>
> I will add a family/key to the asterisk database to indicate if the
> extension is closed, this way you can stop outgoing calls from being made
> from a closed extension by checking the dial plan.
>

> Please let me know if there are any other features you would like to see
> in
> IPSwitchBoard.

Hi,

As mentioned before, how about being able to search and replay recordings
from the switchboard.  With call records now searchable hopefully it
wouldn't take too much more work to enable.  For example, being able to
search on extension by date and time or by cli would be very handy.

Best regards,
Steve.